Knowledge is Power.
Homeowner education is a key component to long-term, successful home ownership. Potential home buyers complete 10 education classes about home ownership in a classroom setting that includes budgeting, fire prevention, homeowner insurance, mortgage contracts, and more. Plus, home buyers participate in our hands-on workshop stations to learn how to fix a leaking faucet, replace roofing shingles, etc. Workshops are designed to help home owners avoid the expense of service calls for minor home repairs and maintenance. Workshops are open to the public.
- Money Matters – Managing money by preparing a personal spending plan and identifying ways to decrease spending and increase income.
- To Your Credit – Reading your credit report and how to build and repair your credit history.
- Understanding a Mortgage – Learning details and language of a mortgage contract, including escrow accounts. Learning who can apply and how to qualify for property tax exemptions.
- Protecting Your Home – Exploring important aspects of fire prevention, tornado safety, and homeowner’s insurance and insurance claims.
- Basic Home Repair – Repairing and maintaining your house in this hands-on, interactive class. Focus on fundamental tasks including patching drywall, painting, toilet repair, lawn maintenance, and pest control.
Home Owner Workshops are open to the public.